Alpha/Omega: Revelation 15-16 Family Devotional
Jun 03, 2021
| By Marsella Evans
I always loved watching the opening credits of a Disney movie. It shows the last couple moments of a fireworks show over a castle to exciting music. The theme and the bursting fireworks feel moving and transitional. It never fails to get the person’s attention. God will have a Grand Finale at the end of time too. It will be powerful, get everyone’s attention and transition from the reign of sin to His reign.
God should be celebrated because the Grand Finale demonstrates that He is:
- Marvelous and Worthy
- Righteous and Holy
- Awesome and Terrifying
Read Revelation 15-16. With younger kids, read Revelation 15:1-4
What does it mean that God’s wrath will be completed? Why are the people praising God?
DISCUSS Talk with your kids about the way God is both terrifying and awesome and how that can be hard for us to understand.
ASK How does God remind you of both a lion and a lamb?
Listen to the song “Awesome God” by Hillsong Worship
ASK What does it mean that God is awesome? How does the text remind us that he reigns over us?
Questions for Younger Kids
- What makes God holy and different from us?
- Why are we guilty before the Lord without Jesus no matter who we are?
- How can we worship God?
Questions for Older Kids
- What does it mean that God is independent from us?
- How does this passage affect the way we worship God?
- What can we do to help other avoid the wrath of God?
Discussion Questions for Going Deeper
- Why is complete acceptance of sin not holy?
- What does the world say is unloving about God?
- How do we show the world that God’s way is true love?
Dear God, thank you for your wonderful majesty and love. Help us to love your power and justice as much as we love your mercy and patience. Teach us to live the way that you want us to and show others who you are. Please forgive us for our distorted view of you and make it right. Amen.