Seven Ways to use Operation Christmas Child to Disciple Your Family
Oct 15, 2024
Every Christmas, we pack shoeboxes to send to children around the world with Operation Christmas Child. While the impact of this simple act is staggering for the children who receive these shoeboxes, don't miss the opportunity to disciple your children as well. Here are seven ways to make Operation Christmas Child more impactful for your kids.
- GIVE THANKS: Thank God for the many ways He has blessed your family. Then talk about sharing the message of Jesus with a boy or girl in need through an Operation Christmas Child shoebox gift.
- SET A GOAL: Decide how many shoeboxes you want to fill. Will the gifts follow a theme? Will your kids help pay for the gifts? What special things do you want to put in your boxes?
- GO SHOPPING: Go shopping as a family to pick out the gifts you want to put in your shoebox. Consider making it a race. Can you fill your box—within budget—in 10 minutes or less?
- PERSONALIZE IT: Write a note and include a photo of your family in your shoebox. Work with your kids to complete a "Let's Be Friends" page [download here] to insert in your box.
- VISIT THE POST OFFICE: Teach your kids about the $9 donation for shipping and other ministry expenses. Find out how much it would cost to send a shoebox to another country.
- EMPHASIZE PRAYER: Pray before, during and after packing your shoebox. Ask God to use your gift to open doors for sharing God’s love and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.